Friday, May 6, 2011

Pray with me....

Just over a week ago Patrick and I met with a couple at a local Starbucks for coffee. Our goal was to shed some light about the journey they are on. You see, C was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tongue and was planing on going for surgery soon. C and S (his wife), had a lot of questions, rightly so, and Patrick and I did our best to answer them. Their journey is not about me, but I'll tell you that I was a bit sad. I was sad to know, all too well, what they are about to endure.

Due to a change in schedule, C is having his surgery this afternoon rather than on Monday as was originally planned. If you are of the praying type, please pray for this positive, warm-hearted couple. Pray that C's surgery goes smoothly. Pray for a speedy recovery. Pray that S has the strength and stamina to be a nurse for C. Pray that biopsy results reveal no need for further treatment. If you are not the praying type, positive thoughts, love, and vibes are all welcome.

Thank you, dear readers. I'll keep you posted on C's journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment